Choosing a Lawyer
You probably will want to consider a number of factors when you choose a lawyer to represent you. Selecting someone with the education, experience, and qualifications to handle your kind of case goes without saying.
Don't underestimate the importance of liking your lawyer.Here are some questions that you may want to ask, particularly when choosing a lawyer to handle a complex case such as a traumatic brain injury case.
- Is the office a factory that handles a large volume of cases or is it one where you can expect to receive personal attention from the lawyer and his or her staff?
- Does the lawyer seem to be knowledgeable about your type of injury?
- How does Martindale-Hubbell rate the legal ability of the lawyer?
- Has the lawyer attended and presented at recent seminars involving traumatic brain injury?
- Has the lawyer tried cases involving traumatic brain injury?
- Is the lawyer a member of the Brain Injury Association?
- Has the lawyer contributed financially and professionally to your state brain injury association?
- Is the lawyer a member of trial lawyer groups such as the Nebraska Association of Trial Attorneys and American Association for Justice?